Ars Magica™ Fifth Edition Game System Template
The Ars Magica Fifth Edition game system template provides whole-character and covenant management, from creation, to study and training, to spell research and enchanting magical devices. Game system rules and adjustments are built in with hundreds of data items ready to use from Ars Magica Fifth Edition. All data is fully customizable, with character sheet, spell book, encounter group, HTML and RTF stat block outputs.
If you already own Metacreator, you can buy the Ars Magica game system template. Otherwise you can buy the Metacreator/Ars Magica bundle.
The Ars Magica game system template was developed with the permission and assistance of Atlas Games, Inc. The Ars Magica 4th edition template is available through the updater after you install the Fifth Edition.
- Includes all data from Ars Magica 5th Edition.
- Screen shot.
- Printed character sheet examples: Darius, Darius' Grimoire and Margot (one-page format, useful for grogs and companions).
- HTML output for displaying characters on the web: Darius.
- RTF output for inclusion in word processing documents: Margot.
- Create covenants--Metacreator does all the bookkeeping: Dungeon Ghyll.
- Create creatures such as dragons--ability data from the bestiaries are included.
- Magi can be linked to covenant data sheets to make learning spells and creating magic items simpler.
- Combat summary sheet: example..
- Character groups: group troupes or NPCs for a story together.
- Computes statistics on weapons, including contributions for abilities, shields, use on horseback, etc.
- Full descriptions for all Abilities, Virtues, Flaws and Spells available through the Item Information command to make deciding which items to take quick and easy.
- Print grimoires with the full text of spell descriptions--no more digging through books for spell details: Darius.
- Selection rules can be turned on to display only those spells with casting totals low enough for your character to learn.
- Computes casting totals, including requisites.
- Add your own abilities, spells, Virtues, Flaws, equipment, etc.
Character advancement methods:
- Increasing Abilities and Arts: Story Experience, Practice, Teaching, Training, Exposure, Studying Vis
- Studying books: Summae and Tractatus
- Learning new spells from teachers
- Enchanting devices: Prepare for Enchantment, Attune Talisman, Invest Device, Invest Lesser Device, Create Charged Item.
- Inventing Spells.as character advancement
- Designing Spells based on existing spells and guidelines
- Enchant Familiar
- Writing Books: Summae and Tractatus
- Automatic handling of aging rolls during character advancement.
- History of all character advancement activity is maintained and can be printed in multiple ways.
- Override standard houses, Virtues, Flaws, etc., with your own custom items.
Templates for the True Lineages and Guardians of the Forests, Societates and Lion and the Lily, Covenants, Mysteries Revised and Mystery Cults, Realms of Power: Magic and Realms of Power: Divine are available separately.
The Metacreator application is required if you purchase the Ars Magica template alone. The Metacreator & Ars Magica game system template bundle includes everything you need, if you have not previously purchased Metacreator.
Copyright © 2003-2014 Alter Ego Software. All Rights Reserved.